Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Oversees all aspects of the daily project requirements, coordinates and directs the daily project activities within the purchasing program and ensures the ongoing project specific deliverables are being met.
Primary Job Activities / Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Establish and enhance relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Communicate with Sales Manager and prospective clients to develop preliminary project scopes, budgets, and specifications.
- Coordinate with Director of Project Management to finalize and present competitive proposals and execute contracts.
- Establish project schedules.
- Sourcing, competitive bidding, quotation review and analysis, and supplier selection.
- Create and process purchase orders and contracts – ensure specifications for purchased materials will meet or exceed brand standards.
- Collaborate with other professionals in management and completion of project components.
- Assists with supplier evaluations and assessments.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Responsible for accuracy of budgets, purchase orders and related reports.
- Attending various meetings with client or its designated representatives and represents the Company’s interests.
- Communicate regularly with client regarding all relevant project matters.
- Coordinate project logistics and delivery of FF&E with suppliers and contractors.
- Conduct Project Closing and reconciliation process to finalize project.
- Responds to production and quality reports to resolve applicable problems and prevent. production loss due to late deliveries of materials.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Carver & Associates policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assists with installation team requirements.
- Informs Project Director of progress and problems in area of responsibility.
- Engage in mentoring and training of Project Coordinators.
- Participate in periodic office education on market trends, technical topics, supplier relationships.
- Coordinate with accounting team on delivery of invoices and draw requests, receipt of funds, crediting of refunds by suppliers, and pre-payment from clients before inventory is purchased.
- Establishes and maintains cost reporting and schedules.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration or equivalent experience in the field.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- CPM Certification, preferred.
- Working experience with supplier management/project management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong background and experience in the hospitality industry is required. Experience in commercial and residential design is preferred.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Who do you report to directly for supervision of your primary activities?
– Director, Project Management
- Who reports to you for supervision?