Intermediate Interior Designer
Carver & Associates Interior Design Studio is looking to grow their team by adding an exceptionally talented, self-directed, and detail oriented Intermediate Interior Designer!
As an Intermediate Interior Designer in the Atlanta office, you will participate in the design process from initial conceptual design through construction on Hospitality Interior Design projects of various sizes. This opportunity calls for someone that can confidently make and communicate decisions and collaboratively work on multiple projects with similar deadlines.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Collaborate well with other team members, consultants, and clients
- Understand and follow directions; fully implementing all design criteria
- Select FF&E and write detailed specifications with a high level of accuracy
- Develop design boards and other visual communication techniques to communicate an overall design concept and FF&E selections
- Develop construction documents, elevation drawings, millwork drawings, schedules and specs
- Manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Focus on attention to detail and quality
- Conform to budgets and schedules
- Maintain flexibility as workloads change
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the design of new build or renovation hospitality projects
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture from an accredited school of design, preferred.
- Strong planning abilities, including development of design concepts, knowledge of furniture and finishes.
- Expert knowledge of FF&E, color & materials
- Expert knowledge of furniture systems and specifications
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and SketchUp is highly desirable. Other 3D computer design programs will be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with hospitality design standards and construction processes
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and think independently